Technical Cloud Project Manager
Digico Solutions is an AWS Consulting Partner. We provide a wide range of cloud services including Migrations, Application Modernization, DevOps, Data & Analytics, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, IoT, Managed Cloud, and Cloud Strategy. Our team has been working remotely for the past 8 years supporting our clients. Since 2012, our expert team has helped enterprises, mid-market businesses, SMBs, and startups in all major vertical markets succeed with ambitious, challenging, and unique cloud projects. We architect, develop, and launch innovative and sophisticated solutions using the latest cutting-edge cloud technologies.
Digico Solutions is growing quickly due to the high demand for the services we provide. Public cloud is one of the fastest-growing markets in the technology industry, with Gartner forecasting a $226 billion market – nearly 20% YoY revenue growth for public cloud services in 2020. With AWS as the recognized leader in the public cloud, our status as one of the select AWS Consulting Partners positions us for sustained success.
This is a unique opportunity to make a big impact, enjoy competitive compensation, manage a wide variety of projects for clients across multiple industries, and work alongside some of the best minds in the cloud services industry.
The Technical Cloud Project Manager works directly with external clients managing multiple projects simultaneously. The PM’s responsibilities start from the moment a project is signed and proceed until the engagement is successfully completed. The position leads clients to a successful outcome through the process, resource management, and financial tracking.
– Manages client engagements from kickoff to delivery.
– Monitors project dates, tasks, hours spent, risks, blockers, and customer satisfaction throughout the project life cycle.
– Identifies scope changes from the original plan or agreement and escalates to the management team.
– Works directly with Tech Leads and Directors to ensure project success.
– Facilitates meetings and other communication, including status reporting and meeting notes.
– Manages customer expectations and meets clients face to face as needed.
– Seeks process improvements.
– Reviews project hours reports for accuracy.
– Does not manage personnel.
– Does not perform any “hands-on” technical work.
– Consulting/ Professional Services organization experience.
– More than 5 years of Technical Project Management / Engagement Management; managing software development or cloud migration projects.
– Experience managing project financials.
– Proficient in Project Scheduling and Project Lifecycle best practices.
– Organized and motivated team player, with the ability to manage multiple projects while paying close attention to detail.
– Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision.
– Results-oriented person with the ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
– Strong communicator (both verbal and written) skills are a must.
– Familiar with Jira, Confluence, and other project management tools.
– Familiar with Scrum/Agile.
– AWS knowledge preferred.
What’s in it for you?
– Competitive Salary; Benefits
– Paid Time Off
– Opportunity to build a sales career in the fast-growing Cloud industry with an industry leader
– Annual compensation re-evaluation
– Collaborative, high-energy culture
– Flexible work arrangements
– Learning opportunities